At St Nicholas we are committed to promoting the well-being of our pupils, staff and school community. By using this extra funding strategically, broadly and in a sustainable way we hope to improve the health and well-being of our school community.
Sports premium must be used to fund additional and sustainable improvements to the provision of PE and sport, for the benefit of primary-aged pupils, to encourage the development of healthy, active lifestyles.
There are 5 key indicators that schools should expect to see improvement across:
- the engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity
- the profile of PE and sport is raised across the school as a tool for whole-school improvement
- increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- increased participation in competitive sport